Located in the earthquake devastated region of Mansehra, in Balakot, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. Pakistan
Just after the earthquake a Model High School has been established by Jannat Ul Firdous Charitable Trusst in Mansehra District.
In our school, we provide students with free education, we supply the children with school uniforms and supplies such as books, stationary and school bags, as well as a hearty school meals throughout the day.
Each school has exemplary teachers. Staff selection is vital and promoting only the best in the region.
Each school is an English medium school, subjects taught are:
- English Language & English Literature
- Computer Information Technology
- and Islamic Studies
As demand has increased, Jannat ul Firdous is also looking to further expand its extra-curricular activities by allowing older students to do further studies in the evenings.
Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.
Girls who have achieved well in school after finishing the 10th class, had nothing to further their education.
A college (female only, during the day) as now been constructed.
Other vocational classes started, such as sewing, embroidery, dress designing, artwork, and computing and beauty therapy as additional life skills and earn money.
The school is in a state of high security and protection. Security measures are in place with two armed guards patrolling the school.
Construction of two security posts are underway, one located by the main gate and one located on the roof. To add to the security barb wire is in place on the perimeter wall. There is a requirement for six CCTV cameras to be installed one on each corner of the site, one by the main gate and one inside the courtyard. A UPS unit is needed for the lights and two walkie talkies needed to add to the security which will operate on a 24hr basis.
- Classrooms are all completed with electrics and finishes. There is still the need for the additional chairs and desks.
- Library to be relocated into the main exam hall whereas there is ample room for proper bookcases and tables which is required. Also a collection of books on various subjects are required.
- Staff Room is completed with electrics and finishes, requires chairs and table.
- Admin Office completed with electrics and finishes, requires chairs, desk and filing cabinets.
- Science Laboratory completed with electrics and finishes. The lack of shelving and storage units to store the specimen jars and chemicals is needed. Additional scientific utensils and equipment would also be needed, plus a preparation work top for experiments to be carried out.
- Exam Hall is in the process of putting a new staircase leading up to the roof. All electrics are in place and painting finished. The hall requires furniture such as desks and chairs to accommodate the students to take their exams.
- Roof top a new four foot perimeter wall to be constructed to give the children additional play areas. A new security post is presently under construction with the shell and roof completed. Render, electrics and paintwork to be completed within the month of February. Furniture for the room is needed.
With the school up and running for the past 7 years, there is still minor maintenance works to be carried out. Due to the harsh weather during the long winter months (October-April) certain areas have taken their toll, these are in due course are being repaired or replaced.
Generally the school and college is running very efficiently and the children are well disciplined and exceptionally good mannered. There is an air of confidence that comes from all the children especially from the kindergarten children who were keen to demonstrate what they had learnt.
Jannat Ul Firdous Model High School Brarkot, Pakistan
Jannat Ul Firdous Model School & Masjid Sargodha, Pakistan
Jannat Ul Firdous Rehablitition School & Masjid Layyah Muzaffargarh, Pakistan